Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bad command or corrupt  (Read 3766 times)

Liz Bridges

Bad command or corrupt
« on: August 08, 2004, 07:23:57 PM »
When we boot up my husband pc it goes thru the usual things then a screen comes up and it says :

Error in config. sys file online 15 then it will say:
file is missing or corrupted C:\realmode\aspic8u2.sys
line 16
or realmode\aspi2dos.sys
I have read about all the command etc and can't get the pc to boot up at all..Please help me to get this matter fixed or how to do it...thank you.. ???

MalikTous

Re: Bad command or corrupt
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 11:53:20 AM »
When you boot the machine (I'm assuming Win9x), press F8 to get the boot menu, and select Safe mode.

Open CONFIG.SYS in Notepad. Put the characters REM in front of any line referencing c:\realmode\aspic8u2.sys and c:\realmode\aspi2dos.sys to disable those lines. Save and close, then try to reboot into normal Windows.

johnwill

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 04:49:17 PM »
I think there's something more basic than a couple of errant statements here.  Errors like that are ignored during boot, so other than the error message, they're already being ignored.  Since he's not booting, I suspect REMing them out isn't the answer...

2k dummy

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 05:44:31 PM »
Those are realmode cd-rom drivers. They should not be needed to boot into windows from the HD. They are from Adaptec, probably to support a SCSI cd-rom in DOS.