Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluetooth not connection to mobile  (Read 21716 times)

cpeterm

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Bluetooth not connection to mobile
    « on: November 16, 2019, 02:48:42 AM »
    HP Probook 450 G0 Win 7 (64)
    Bluetooth (BT) worked and I had mobile and speakers linked. Picked up a problem and I unfortunately deleted these 2 devices (control panel > devices) and wanted to ADD them again to fix the problem.  Since then cant ADD the previous ‘deleted’ THE PREVIOUS DELETED devices although they are discoverable. ADD searches and finds nothing. BT icon showing bottom right – click devices and shows noting. Clicked add device and nothing. Ran troubleshoots and checked ‘all BT drivers (device manager) but working properly and have up to date drivers. Restarted.
    Device manager: Under ‘Bluetooth Radio’s’ I have -Microsoft BT enumerator and  -Ralink BT 4.0 adapter. Under ‘Network Adapters’ I have -Bluetooth device (personal area network); -Bluetooth device (rfcomm protocol tdi); -microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter; -Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter; -Realtek PCIe GBE family controller.      THANKS

Coco767

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Bluetooth not connection to mobile
      « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 09:29:16 PM »
      Have you tried disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth?
      Or have you tried a spare device or headphones to test to see if it works at all?

What model were the speakers? What phone was it?

Ive noticed Bluetooth is a pain sometimes to get to work right on Windows 7, espically with iOS devices, you may just have to try a few more times.

Also, you may have to make the laptop's Bluetooth discoverable. Sometimes its discoverable on the devices but not the laptop itself. Maybe your Bluetooth settings need to be changed on the phone to make it visible for more than a certain amount of time, same goes for the laptop. (Maybe not the speakers, since its speakers. Not quite able to do that on speakers.)

In my experience, Android and headphones (Usually) seem to have no issues connecting to bluetooth on Windows 7, but iOS tends to. I have not tried speakers, as I have had no need for external speakers on a laptop. (Do note I had these experiences on a 10 year old Thinkpad when I had it with Bluetooth 2.1 and not on my current laptop with either 3.1/4.1, except for the iOS one, and a couple pairs of headphones)

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 06:44:13 AM »
      DLoad and re-install the drivers from the HP site...re-boot after.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 12:49:52 PM »
      With bluetooth devices when you delete the device you have to re pair the  device to the laptop.

With the speakers they will have a connect button, which you press while the laptop is scanning for bluetooth devices when the laptop detects the speakers it will show in the bt device list and there will be some questions to answer from windows then you are good to go.

This is a link to some details on how to do this       https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15290/windows-connect-bluetooth-device

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 02:00:54 PM »
      Hint: he still needs to re-install the drivers if the device was removed...

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 06:21:53 PM »

I think this says the drivers are loaded and should be working.

. BT icon showing bottom right – click devices and shows noting. Clicked add device and nothing. Ran troubleshoots and checked ‘all BT drivers (device manager) but working properly and have up to date drivers. Restarted.
      Device manager: Under ‘Bluetooth Radio’s’ I have -Microsoft BT enumerator and  -Ralink BT 4.0 adapter. Under ‘Network Adapters’ I have -Bluetooth device (personal area network); -Bluetooth device (rfcomm protocol tdi); -microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter; -Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter; -Realtek PCIe GBE family controller.      THANKS
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

cpeterm

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 03:44:05 AM »
        Have you tried disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth?      Yes Ralink BT 4.0 adapter; MS BT Enumerator; BT device (PAN); BT device (RFCOMM protocol tdi). Restarted my HP

Or have you tried a spare device or headphones to test to see if it works at all?   Although 'discoverable'  HP picks up nothing. Galaxy 5 pickes up speakers and HP

Also, you may have to make the laptop's Bluetooth discoverable. Sometimes its discoverable on the devices but not the laptop itself. Maybe your Bluetooth settings need to be changed on the phone to make it visible for more than a certain amount of time, same goes for the laptop. (Maybe not the speakers, since its speakers. Not quite able to do that on speakers.)    All discoverable.

I also did this ....Made sure both devices are ‘discoverable’. Pair Galax with HP (still on record previous paring) > shows HP as ‘available devices’ > choose HP > got message ‘confirm passkey is xxxxx to pair with HP > ok >unable to pair with HP, make sure HP is ready to pair (it was ready).  Checked on HP the BT devices ....> 0 items > click ‘add device’ > searching for devices , nothing found (also not the speakers previously paired although they are discoverable). 
        Galaxy and speakers pair -no problem   THANK you very much, will unistall Ralink BT 4.0 adapter and download again from HP site

cpeterm

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 03:47:24 AM »
          Hint: he still needs to re-install the drivers if the device was removed...

Only the Ralink bluetooth 4.0 adapter (listed under 'Bluetooth Radios') ? or also the Network adapters' mentioned in my initial posting. Thanks for assistance, peter

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 05:55:27 AM »

cpeterm

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 07:48:23 AM »
            Hallo all. Tried what you smart people suggested, thanks. Uninstalled bluetooth drivers and installed these win7 (64) HP 450 G0, drivers from HP: Broadcom bluetooth (BT) software 6.5; Mediatek (Ralink) 802.11 wireless lan adapter; Mediatek (Ralink) Bt software. Attachment of stuff I have. BT icon showing but no devices and cannot ADD although galaxy is activated and visible. Checked all drivers 'working'. Tried to add HP to Galaxy, searches but cant find it although both are made visible. Yep, I'm lost

cpeterm

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 07:51:28 AM »
              Sory, forgot to ask... must I install Intel bluetooth driver (windows 7) fro HP site?

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 07:53:08 AM »
              There's 2 of them...i'ts worth a shot...

cpeterm

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2019, 06:07:22 AM »
                There's 2 of them...i'ts worth a shot...
                BTooth still not adding new devices - downloaded every driver on HP site with Btooth in its name ... Broadcom, Intel (2), Mediatek Ralink (2), Ralink and all drivers are updated . Did not DL 'Qualcomm Atheros. The Intel drivers I downloaded now are not listed in device manager, even with hidden files on.

Btooth icon showing bottom right. Tried to link my HP on Galaxy and got a "confirm passkey to pair with hp", I did but get 'cannot pair with HP. Bottom line HP (allow devices to find this pc is ticked on) cannot link to galaxy or speaker and vice verse. 

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #13 on: November 20, 2019, 06:31:58 AM »
                It may be time to replace it with a new bluetooth dongle then...

cpeterm

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 10:35:40 PM »
                  Thanks for tip