Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: News about the 727 Max Software Update.  (Read 106798 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
News about the 727 Max Software Update.
« on: November 24, 2019, 06:20:12 PM »
As you know, the Boeing 737 Max has being grounded because of flaw that the company says can be fixed in software.
Just now they say a new aircraft, the 738 Max 10, will have new software.
Read for your self.
https://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/boeing-unveils-a-new-737-max-even-as-grounding-drags-on-1.68029303
...  the Manoeuvring Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS), has been tweaked to give the pilot more control. But regulators, including the Federal Aviation Administration, have yet to sign off on the changes.
Boeing said earlier this month that it hopes to get the green light from regulators before the end of the year ...

The story is also on the CNBC web site.
Boeing unveils its 737 Max 10 at an employee event at its factory in Renton, Washington.
The Max 10 is the largest of the 737 Max family, which has been grounded since mid-March after two crashes.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/22/boeing-unveils-largest-version-of-its-embattled-737-max-plane.html

We hope they got it right this time.   :-\

Salmon Trout

Re: News about the 727 Max Software Update.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 12:32:03 AM »
Broadly speaking, if it's Boeing (Max), I ain't going.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 01:57:56 AM »
I hate flying to begin with and nothing can make me get into a 737 Max even after they fix the glitch.

My last business trip in August to go 1900 miles I drove and got there in 3 days and it was an awesome road trip. So low stress and no travel anxiety that flying brings with the insanity of the airport, TSA, and airlines.

I cant wait to drive again and have it paid for by my employer. They give me the cost of the plane ticket + airport parking + luggage fee as cash to drive and my car was getting 38 MPG and I was able to get there and back and have extra money left over to keep.  ;D

But it worked out to me paid 8 hours for first day of travel and driving on my 2 days off to then be back to work on the start of my week right away to avoid burning vacation hours in the process each way and I was driving 10 hours a day for the 3 days each way. I was out there for a month so it didn't feel like I just got there and was going home right away.

I was able to avoid the nasty hotel food at times as well as I took some road trips on the weekends to Texas and stuff like that from Norman, Oklahoma were I was out for 4 weeks of System Training for automation machinery that I support/repair.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 02:40:50 AM »
Everybody: "It's safer to fly than it is to drive"

Boeing: "And it's about time somebody did something about that"
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 02:50:15 AM »
Before Deadly Crashes, Boeing Pushed for Law That Undercut Oversight
The government has been handing over more responsibility to manufacturers for years. The new law makes it even harder for regulators to review Boeing’s work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/27/business/boeing-737-max-crashes.html