Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: defective music audio in my presario laptop with maxthon5 browser installed.  (Read 98329 times)

andresrm

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I have a compaq presario r3000 laptop. The operating systemXP cushed and I reset it with a clean reinstallation but I could not get connection to the internet. It was SP2 and I installed SP3 and then the MAXTHON5 browser, but the performance was not acceptable and I upgraded from 512 MB to 2 GB.
    the surfing performance improved to an acceptable level but the music audio is still defective, with frequent pauses of about half a second and some distorsion. Sometimes I get the pop-up to install new updates, I think described as java7 updates, but nothing can be done if I try to install them.
    I appreciate any information on how I can improve the quality of the music audio to at least  an acceptable level.
    (I did not see the box to check "Notify me of replies")

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Did you re-install ALL the drivers from Compaq > ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

andresrm

Topic Starter

Thanks for the reply.
      I installed the drivers with the supplied drivers CD after resetting the OS windows XP with a clean installation, but I could not connect to the internet. I could only get a small partial use of  the MSN webpage.
      Do I have to install the drivers again now that I installed the MAXTHON5 browser for the purpose to correct or improve the music audio?
      I appreciate any information or suggestions about this music audio problem.