Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Chromium  (Read 10206 times)

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Chromium
    « on: January 02, 2020, 09:25:11 AM »
    How do I uninstall Chromium. I've tried via the Control Panel which doesn't seem to work. I noticed it was on the screen at Widows (7) startup, is there anyway I can disable this so I can go to wherever Chromium is on the disc so I can delete the folder and then then delete the folder in App Data.

Thanks.
    El Baz is shuttlepod 05 of the USS Enterprise NCC1701-D

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Chromium
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 09:58:01 AM »
    This question has good answers from  the archives.
    https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000347.htm
    If a program is no longer being used, or additional space is required, it may be necessary to uninstall or delete the software. The following sections contain several methods for uninstalling programs from a computer running Microsoft Windows, and the pros and cons of each method. To proceed, you can read through all of the options or select one from the list below.
    The information is very good and you need to read it. I can not tell your what will work best for you. You did not provide enough specific detail.  :)

By the way; Why do you want to remove it?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 10:00:53 AM »
    Sounds like it's a rogue version of Chromium. See this link: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/remove-chromium-browser-malware-windows

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 11:47:45 AM »
      I've  soloved it.

I found the location of Chromium on the hard disc, it can be found here Users/My_Name/AppData/Local/Chromium

As the The App starts at Startup, I couldn't delete the files so I went to Start and typed in MSConfig and then right clicked the icon. This brought me to System Configuration here clicked on the Startup tab and disabled Chromium.

Next task was to restart the computer once this was done I noticed the Chromium browser did not open. I went back to Users/My_Name/ AppData/Local/Chromium and deleted the chromium folder. There were a couple of shortcuts still remaining, which I quickly deleted.

I don't like the way it takes over your computer, by being activated at Startup. In any case, I would never use it as I've been using Opera since the days of version 6. From what I believe Chromium slows down your computer.
      El Baz is shuttlepod 05 of the USS Enterprise NCC1701-D