Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with my "Favourite" foder  :(  (Read 2272 times)

Rosy_F

Problem with my "Favourite" foder  :(
« on: January 22, 2006, 03:20:36 AM »
My brother cut my "Favorites" folder from subfolder in the "Documents and Setting" and he paste the "Favorites" folder in my "Desktop". When I cut it again from the desktop and paste it in its first  place,  my internet explorer command "add to  Favorite" and "Organize Favorites" no longer work, also when I press the "Favorites" Buttons to view my website they do not appear ,I do not know how to solve this annoying problem  :-?

Blackberry

Adviser
  • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
    Re: Problem with my "Favourite" foder  :(
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 06:02:42 AM »
    try the following thing, make a new folder, copy all the link from the old-favourites folder (not the folder itselfde) and paste it in the new folder....
    Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

Rosy_F

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 08:15:33 AM »
    i will  try it now

Rosy_F

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 08:26:54 AM »
    It did not work, still the same problem

Blackberry

Adviser
    • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
      « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 08:33:46 AM »
      It did not work, still the same problem

ok, take a backup from your favourites, reinstall internet explorer. and copy the files, (not the folder!)
      Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 11:04:06 AM »
      My brother cut my "Favorites" folder from subfolder in the "Documents and Setting" and he paste the "Favorites" folder in my "Desktop". When I cut it again from the desktop and paste it in its first  place,  my internet explorer command "add to  Favorite" and "Organize Favorites" no longer work, also when I press the "Favorites" Buttons to view my website they do not appear ,I do not know how to solve this annoying problem  :-?
      That's not the right way to copy Favorites from one computer to another.  With IE open, go to File, Import and Export.  Export Favorites, and not the location of the folder to which the export was executed.  Copy that file, take it to the other computer or other user's logon on the same computer, and then Import it.