Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changed one cord, monitor not working, boot up prb  (Read 2155 times)

EnDinG

Changed one cord, monitor not working, boot up prb
« on: January 22, 2006, 08:20:13 PM »
Hey.

My system is a:
Pent 4 3.0
Gig of RAM
GeForce 6600GT PCI
The motherboard is a gateway one. I forget the type.
Monitor is a LifesGood brand.

Well, I was trying to disable a firewall on my router, but gave up. (I had to get some work done right at that moment.)

So I unplugged them, and just plugged right into the cable modem.

Well, I had my networking folder open and was just viewing the options, and why my modem wasn't working. Suddenly my router config vanished, then I went to view my normal network connection without the firewall, and it vanished out of the blue.

Figured meh, I'll reboot and see if it will auto config it up again.

So I shut off the computer, and turn it back on.

This is when I have problems, the monitor is stuck in Power Save Analog Mode, and it seems the computer itself isn't fully booting. Theres no light on my mouse showing that the system is working and the monitor is just having problems. The mother board fan is working, and I can feel the warmth from the hard drive. The video card fan is still running as well.

I think I had a problem like this a long time ago, but I forgot how I had the system working again. The network is working with my laptop right now with no problem.

So the questions I have are:
How do I have my monitor realize that my system is ON?
And is there by chance something wrong with the system itself if the mouse light isn't coming on it might not be the monitor but possibley the mother board or the hard drive?

If you need more information, just ask. I've unplugged the hard drive, plugged some new cables in, double checked all the connections, switched video cords between the monitor and system, shut off the computer for a few minutes and turned it back on... I've turned just the monitor on, but it keeps going into power saving mode and I can't access any configuration to see if I can change anything there.

Suggestions?

J0K3R

Re: Changed one cord, monitor not working, boot up
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 10:25:11 PM »
does this machine have 2 video cards

ie. one onboard and another addon type of vid card