Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FFmpeg combines videos without re-encoding  (Read 31539 times)

Mian2020

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    FFmpeg combines videos without re-encoding
    « on: March 08, 2020, 11:20:44 PM »
    Take MP4 as the video format to do operations.
    Step 1: First of all, put all video files to be combined in one file folder and name it MP4;
    Step 2: Then visit ffmpeg.zeranoe.com. In the "Builds" option, download FFmpeg Static on your computer;
    Step 3: After that, get into this MP4 file and open the "bin" file folder. You need to copy the ffmpeg.exe file to the MP4 file folder;
    Step 4: Next, please right-click the Windows icon or press Windows + R on the keyboard and type cmd.exe to open Command Prompt on your computer;
    Step 5: After entering the Command Prompt window, you ought to change the path of the MP4 file folder;
    Step 6: Now, type command: (for %i in (*.mp4) do @echo file '%i') > mylist.txt and press Enter. Then you will get a mylist.txt file that covers all MP4 files on this folder;
    Step 7: Lastly, type command: ffmpeg -f concat -i mylist.txt -c copy output.mp4 to start combine videos with FFmpeg. If nothing unexpected happens in the process, these videos will be quickly merged into a file named output.mp4 in the MP4 file folder.
    If you think this is a little complicated, you can try an easy FFmpeg alternative - Joyoshare Video Joiner.