Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VoIP, Skype or audio streaming for a Church.  (Read 14829 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
VoIP, Skype or audio streaming for a Church.
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:52:47 PM »
Question:
VoIP,  Skype or audio streaming for a Church.

Which of these kind of services could reuse?
 Face-time
 telephone conference
Here is the scenario. At the present time many organizations are looking to break up large meetings into smaller groups. I'm sure you know why. In the month of April many people will come together because of customs that are associated with the spring. There is Easter celebrated in Christendom and the passover is celebrated in Judaism. And besides that many people in other places just like to do things in a group and especially when the weather is better. Although the weather is better, current conditions limit large crowds in some places. Here in the United States that has been a limit put on large crowds in confined areas.
Now then, you see what I'm getting at. Some clubs, churches and other groups want to form small groups and individual homes to listen to a program over a telephone conference. All right, but a telephone conference can be hard to organize and perhaps even rather expensive. But it is convenient, all you have to do is dial in and listen on your speakerphone.
Videoconferencing is not really important for most people, although it does help if you can see the man who is speaking. But that usually requires somebody who is good with the camera and can keep the camera on whoever's speaking at the time. So something less than videoconferencing might be a better choice. I guess this some kind of audio streaming a person can use, something like a podcast. But this should not actually be a podcast, it's more like a live audio feed. I admit I have no experience at all with live audio feeds using the Internet. And I know that getting the phone company and on it is rather expensive. For commercial company such as a television or radio station, the cost is something the figure into the business plan. In this case I'm thinking about nonprofit organizations, such as our congregation or next month.
So what kind of service would be suitable to feed audio in of individual homes using preferably the Internet instead of the telephone system. My experience with telephone conferencing is that if more than just a three or four people are listening into a conference it becomes rather wild and hard to organize without professional help. So I was thinking that some kind of audio streaming over the Internet might be a better idea.

Any suggestions please?
End of dictation.

Pratchett

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: VoIP, Skype or audio streaming for a Church.
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 12:44:07 PM »
    Hi, unless I am going mad and forgot to click submit my post was removed?  ??? Not sure why? I know it's an old post but thought this might help you if you are still in lock down with your church. I did find a good article on it but cannot find it now. But if you google "Free conference call" they have an audio solution to your church audio problem.