Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intenet is having issues right now.  (Read 98058 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Intenet is having issues right now.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:12:53 PM »
It's probably just a way to fill copy. The "news" is basically that more people are using the Internet which isn't a surprise. But as far as being stressed or slowed down, that doesn't seem to be the case. According the data gathered by speedtest.net, It appears the only impact so far is on Internet performance at large is for Mobile networks, and seems to have primary affected Chinese Infrastructure.

Interestingly, my Internet Speed is faster than usual. around 320mbps for my 300mbps tier but I usually get 250mbps. They also removed the ridiculous 1TB monthly Data cap they used to have.

It's also possible that other countries have not had the pandemic reach a stage where it affects infrastructure to that degree.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 11:59:15 AM »
Dictation.
What BC just said is true. The links I provided do not have any real data to share with us, it is just based on antidotal evidence they found.
Today I heard a commercial on a local radio station from T-Mobile. They say they have increased the size of their network to accommodate the needs of the people.
So then, this is good news. Apparently the Internet is being used more than before and it is working with a little bit of giggle and struggle, but it really is working.
Whenever I use speed test, I get numbers that are consistent with the data plan I have in place.
That is all I'm going to say.

End of dictation.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 03:50:55 PM »
Geek... humbly speaking you should take a break from doing News stories...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "