Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 2000, Resizing Active Desktop Objects  (Read 4731 times)

BMX_Jeff

Windows 2000, Resizing Active Desktop Objects
« on: January 25, 2006, 07:30:23 AM »
[size=14]Hello!

My name is Jeff and i have a problem with Windows 2000 web content on my desktop. I can add active content, but am unable to resize or move it. Nothing happens when I hover over the content, click or double click. The only thing I can do is add/remove the content and scroll.

I can't find any settings stopping me but knowing Windows theres probably something i've missed.

If you have any idea what might be stopping me from resizing and moving active content  or have had similar issues please reply! All replys are much appreciated.

Thanks,  [smiley=beer.gif]

Jeff
[/size]

(I have attached a screen shot of the content)

Perfect Agent52

Hopeful
  • Give them nothing, but take from them everything
    Re: Windows 2000, Resizing Active Desktop Objects
    « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 11:49:53 AM »
    I can't really think of when I had my 2000, but there should be a control panel of some sort under the start menu, then an option for apearrances.
    HP Pavilion A6010n
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.80 ghz
    XFX Nvidia 7600gt PCI-E graphics card
    2 GB Kingston DDR2 SDRAM PC4200
    Antec 500W PSU

BMX_Jeff

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 02:32:41 AM »
    [size=14]Thanks for the reply but unfortunately the only appearance options are as above. I'm sure there is an option to lock desktop items resulting with content being unmovable but i cant find it anywhere.[/size]

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 06:24:37 AM »
    I believe Have the World Delivered to Your PC's Desktop probably has the answer to your question.