Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lenovo U41-70 Type 80jv loud fan and slow performance  (Read 28199 times)

Mproseling

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Lenovo U41-70 Type 80jv loud fan and slow performance
    « on: May 09, 2020, 04:07:09 AM »
    I’m not really sure what is needed to be provided so i’ll just say my processor: Intel i5-5200U

Sometimes, my computer runs at 0.46 GHz instead of its usual 2.49-2.58 GHz. Initially, I got a can of compressed air and cleaned out dust while reapplying thermal paste. This seemed to work and my computer was running smoothly. However this was a few years ago.

Now, I ordered a better thermal paste and reapplied it, hoping it would solve my problems. However, nothing changed and it’s still running really slowly with the fan being very loud. When I check Task Manager, nothing is taking up a lot of CPU usage and I used RealTemp to check and see that everything is fine, around 40-50 degrees C. I also ran MalwareBytes to check but there were no viruses scanned. I am trying to see if Bitdefender might do a better job and catch something MalwareBytes had missed.

I was thinking that the computer is thinking it is overheating but it is actually not. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated, and I’ll be happy to provide more details. Thank you!