Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Warzone freezing, not crashing  (Read 39152 times)

CombatNinja

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Warzone freezing, not crashing
    « on: May 11, 2020, 05:21:02 PM »
    Hello, I have an interesting issue here. I have a prebuilt CyberPower PC I bought on Amazon approximately 18 months ago. Since then I have played Fortnite, Apex Legends and Blackout just fine. However when I play Warzone the game will randomly freeze, almost like internet lag, then come back with me in a completely different area. 

Specs:
    B360M Bazooka Motherboard
    i5 @ 8400
    GTX 1060 3GB
    2x8GB @2666hz Corsair Vengeance RAM

What I have done:
    Ran UserBenchMark and identified a shortcoming in RAM. I upgraded from 1x8gb to 2x8GB and the freezing still happens. I have tried running ISLC while I play and it is less choppy but still freezing. I tried to run Process Lasso and that also didn't work.

I was tracking the CPU and GPU latency via the in-game overlay but when the game froze those also froze. So I downloaded Afterburner/Rivatuner to use that overlay but when the game froze those froze as well. So I cannot pinpoint what is locking me up. 

The game NEVER crashes. Just stops mid frame and come back sometimes relatively quickly, sometimes up to 10-15 seconds later. I have tried all of the youtube how-to's and I am lost as to what is going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is very frustrating as I ran over 100 hours on Apex Legends with no issue and now I can't play a single game of Warzone without this happening. 

Thank You