Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Method to limit amount of power supplied to cpu  (Read 9737 times)

rakeshvenkat

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Method to limit amount of power supplied to cpu
    « on: May 19, 2020, 03:54:19 AM »
    Hi. I have a laptop with multiple profiles and while gaming, I want to run the high performance profile as this provides the lowest latency. However, my cpu overheats and while monitoring using HWiNFO, I found that the cpu actually draws more power on the high performance mode. I was wondering if there is a way that I can set the max amount of power supplied to the cpu?

rakeshvenkat

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Method to limit amount of power supplied to cpu
      « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 11:14:23 PM »
      Hi. I have a laptop with multiple profiles and while gaming, I want to run the high performance profile as this provides the lowest latency. However, my cpu overheats and while monitoring using HWiNFO, I found that the cpu actually draws more power on the high performance mode. I was wondering if there is a way that I can set the max amount of power supplied to the cpu?

Any Updates???
      _______________________________________ _______________________________________ _______________
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:35:18 AM by patio »