Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internet crashing  (Read 2919 times)

stimp

internet crashing
« on: January 29, 2006, 05:55:25 PM »
hi, I am having trouble with some of the programs on my computer and am hoping that someone can help me out.  For some reason, I can't open Limewire on my computer.   When I click on the icon, it shows the hour glass for a second and then it's like I never even pushed it.  I have also always used trend micro's online scan for my computer periodically.  Ever since I rebuilt my computer, I have not been able to do so.  If I go to the site, when I try and start the scan, it just crashes my internet.  I have looked to see what it is that is causing these problems (including turning off my windows firewall and lowering the restriction rate on my internet options) and can not find a solution.  Anyone ever have this problem or heard anything like it?

Perfect Agent52

Hopeful
  • Give them nothing, but take from them everything
    Re: internet crashing
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 06:26:52 PM »
    Try loading up your task manager for the limewire issue. Make sure you have the IE updates, and re-boot your computer into safe mode. If that does not help, post back.
    HP Pavilion A6010n
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.80 ghz
    XFX Nvidia 7600gt PCI-E graphics card
    2 GB Kingston DDR2 SDRAM PC4200
    Antec 500W PSU

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: internet crashing
      « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 07:24:26 PM »
      I have also always used trend micro's online scan for my computer periodically.  Ever since I rebuilt my computer, I have not been able to do so.  If I go to the site, when I try and start the scan, it just crashes my internet.  I have looked to see what it is that is causing these problems (including turning off my windows firewall and lowering the restriction rate on my internet options) and can not find a solution.  Anyone ever have this problem or heard anything like it?

ABSOLUTELY ...... Sounds like your machine is virus ridden........
      Please follow all the procedures for removing viruses and trojans .........( IN SAFE MODE of course )

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.