Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: YouTube Issue  (Read 56457 times)

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    YouTube Issue
    « on: June 27, 2020, 05:47:38 AM »
    Recently I've been getting this each time I want to view a YouTube video.

This stays on the screen for a few seconds and then the video starts playing. I'm wondering if it may have something to do with my Adblockers of which I have three. 1) my my main browser (Opera) adblocker, 2) Adblock Plus - free ad blocker and 3) Adblock for Youtube™.

I'm also getting the same response in the following browsers Firefox and Yandex. Chrome's the only browser where I don't get the above screen, it goes stright int the video even though I'm using an adblocker in that browser.

Despite cleaning out my browsing history, I'm still getting the above error.

Can someone try a video and let me know if you're getting same - thanks.
    El Baz is shuttlepod 05 of the USS Enterprise NCC1701-D

Hackoo

Hopeful
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: YouTube Issue
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 03:44:50 PM »

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 12:40:12 AM »
      It's is working for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDc96czmsAo

Thanks for responding, I clicked on the link you provided and got the same response as I mentioned in my earlier post. Although the video was delayed for a few seconds before it started. Did you get the same when you tried it or did it go straight into the video. It's annoying me as I've never encountered this issue before. It only started a couple of days ago.

Hackoo

Hopeful
      « Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 04:18:20 AM »
      Thanks for responding, I clicked on the link you provided and got the same response as I mentioned in my earlier post. Although the video was delayed for a few seconds before it started. Did you get the same when you tried it or did it go straight into the video. It's annoying me as I've never encountered this issue before. It only started a couple of days ago.
      Yeah it's annoying  ??? ??? ???
      Pleease check your PC with adwcleaner and post its report !

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 05:40:45 AM »
        Yeah it's annoying  ??? ??? ???
        Pleease check your PC with adwcleaner and post its report !

I downloaded the program and ran it. It came up with five items, which I quarantined. I restarted the PC, then I deleted the quarantined files and selected a video on YouTube, the issue is still unresolved.

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 05:56:52 AM »
          Here's something I've just found. If I go to incognito mode on my browser, I don't get that error report. The video plays without any bother.  Could someone explain why this is so.

Thanks.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 07:32:57 AM »
          Adblock is the issue...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 08:39:08 AM »
            Adblock is the issue...

I disabled adblocker for YouTube, gave it a try on several videos and that seemed to cure it. However, I thought wrongly and got that wretched error report on the next video I clicked on. I tried another and got the same response. 

Thing is, I've used adblockPlus for a number of years and until a couple of days ago I never had that issue. I checked a few videos on Dailymotion, they played okay as did those on Vimeo.

Chrome is the only browser where I have no problems viewing a YouTube video. I also have an adlocker add-on in Chrome, which would rule out your suggestion that the issue is down to the adblocker.

As Chrome is a Google based browser and we know YouTube is owned by Google I wonder if that’s the reason why I have no bother with YouTube. I have three other browsers, Opera (default) Firefox and Yandex, on all of these I get that error notice.

Thanks anway. 

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 10:04:32 AM »
            All AdBlock apps should be removed...i had issues for a week til i figured that out.  It's kind of a shame because it was grest before...but now they want $$ and since then it stinks.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 11:59:32 AM »
              I know what you mean Patio. I was on a Website a couple of hours ago where people were complaining about the 'new' YouTube layout. Nobody likes it, and despite the thousands? who have complained about it, does Google take any notice of them? Do they h-e-l-l as like. You can either take it or leave it. I just wish I had the finance to start a clone of YouTube.

I've been trying to change the layout of YouTube back to the classic layout in Chrome by following what his guy says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVnv3HgE30Q

It will not revert back to the classic layout in normal screen mode, the only way it will is if you hit the F11 key and enter full screen mode.

About a few years back when Flickr changed its layout, quite a lot of people deserted it and moved over to Ipernity. At one time there was no limitation on the amount of photos you could upload. You can still upload to Flickr, but those who do not want pay a subscription by going pro can only upload a maximum of 1000 photos. It's a kind of blackmail IMHO.

When you stop and think about it, you're not only paying your ISP to access the Internet, then if you want watch a full movie on YouTube you have to pay someone else. It's the same all over, a giant like Google comes along and puts in a bid for YouTube and starts to charge people. Wasn't YouTube owned by Yahoo? Maybe I'm wrong wasn't it free in those days?

AndyFergo

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 11:41:47 PM »
                Hello. I've seen this issue before and for some reason it was account related. Are you by any chance logged into youtube or google account while attempting to view a video, if so try logging out and checking if the problem persists.

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 01:48:19 AM »
                  Hello. I've seen this issue before and for some reason it was account related. Are you by any chance logged into youtube or google account while attempting to view a video, if so try logging out and checking if the problem persists.

I never gave that a thought Andy. I'm permanently logged into my Gmail account, not YouTube, but then it doesn't matter. When you're logged into Gmail you're also logged into YouTube so you can comment on a video.

It's a catch 22 situation. If I log out of Gmail and that resolves the issue, I'll not be able to see if there is anything in my inbox, I wont know if there's been a reply to this issue for one thing. nor will I be able to make comments on YouTube. 

AndyFergo

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 01:57:55 AM »
                    I understand. I just meant purely for testing purposes give a try and come back and let me know if it fixed it. Remember to clear all cookies ect upon signing out and reopening browser. Im curious to see if its a local or google account issue which i think it is.

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 02:56:17 AM »
                      I understand. I just meant purely for testing purposes give a try and come back and let me know if it fixed it. Remember to clear all cookies ect upon signing out and reopening browser. Im curious to see if its a local or google account issue which i think it is.

This is what I did, I kept logged into my Gmail account on my default browser (opera) then I went to my Yandex browser, logged out of Gmail on that. Next I cleared the browser history.  Went to YouTube and ran several videos and had no bother with them.

I then logged into my Gmail account and then I went to find a video, the first one played OK, but I got that error report on the next one. Next step was to sign out from Gmail and then clear the history.

I switched back to Opera and ran the same sequence of videos. The second one I clicked on gave me the error. I copied the url and pasted it into my Yandex browser, where it played OK.

I'm not going to tempt fate as I've known from past experience you think you've cured something only to find you haven't.   

AndyFergo

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 10:03:47 AM »
                        So it seems your issue is related to account and not local if i understood what you wrote there.

El_Baz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 01:16:31 PM »
                          The one thing I've learned is never take anything for granted as far as computers are concerned. I'll just have to play it by ear in the hope I've resolved the issue.

gorge441

Rookie
                          • Computer: Specs
                          « Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 04:05:55 AM »
                          Are you still having the problem?
                          I searched a little bit online and i got this. You may try...

* Browser
                          1. Open Google Chrome on your computer.
                          2. In Google Chrome window, on the right-hand side, click on ‘three-dot‘ and then click on the “Settings“.
                          3. Now, scroll down through the Chrome settings and then click on “Advanced“.
                          4. Under System, toggle “Use hardware acceleration when available” to “Off“.
                          5. Click on “Relaunch” to restart your browser.
                          Once the browser is restarted, try to play the YouTube video again.

* YouTube app
                          1. Restart the YouTube app.
                          2. Restart your device.
                          3. Turn off and on your mobile data connection.
                          4. Clear the YouTube app's cache.
                          5. Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app.
                          6. Update to the newest available version of the YouTube app.
                          7. Update to the newest available version of Android.