Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mobile Tethering Hotspot being extreamly slow on my Windows 10 PC  (Read 12773 times)

MrFortuneCake_1

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    So I am currently using a hotspot at my address so that I have connectivity on my gaming PC, MacBook and PS4. For some Unknown reason my MacBook and PS4 connection is running fast and smoothly. But with my PC that is not the case. I have a iPhone X which is giving me about 3 Mbps which is really good but my PC seems to only be getting max 500 Kbps. Which is rubbish. I have tried most things to fix this issue like only having my PC connected to the hotspot, No difference, Moving my phone to various places around my house because I have recently moved. That didn't work. It doesn't make sense. Does anyone know of a fix or anyway I can make my Hotspot work much more quicker or maybe even go though a potential fix for this. Thanks guys :)

nil

• Global Moderator

• Intermediate
      Re: Mobile Tethering Hotspot being extreamly slow on my Windows 10 PC
      « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 04:50:47 AM »
      What is your model of your PC?

Or, if you built it yourself - what model is the motherboard?
      Do not communicate by sharing memory; instead, share memory by communicating.

--Effective Go

MrFortuneCake_1

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 05:41:46 AM »
        The Motherboard is a Acer Vention I think so its a pretty old mother board and no I did not build the pc myself, I was using hotspot at my old house and I had less 4g signal and I was getting 1 Mbps which is weird.

nil

• Global Moderator

• Intermediate
          « Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 08:14:29 AM »
          If it's an older computer/mobo, check the manual and verify the maximum speed of the onboard wifi
          Do not communicate by sharing memory; instead, share memory by communicating.

--Effective Go