Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer keeps cutting off Wifi  (Read 7795 times)

Danisxt

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer keeps cutting off Wifi
    « on: August 04, 2020, 01:00:40 PM »
    Lately my computer has been acting weird. Every 10 - 15 seconds my internet on my pc just gets cut off. It's not like i have to reconnect after but it just stops for a few seconds and starts again, kind of like a lag spike but longer. I tested my internet on my laptop and other devices and it doesn't happen there so i think it's the computer itself... i use a wifi adapter for internet, i tried replacing my old one and it doesn't fix the problem... any idea how to fix this?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1903

JEF_one_F

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Computer keeps cutting off Wifi
      « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 06:05:48 AM »
      I am currently having the exact same problem with my PC for the second time. I fixed it the first time by opening up the services app and restarting "WLAN AutoConfig" and then reconnecting to the WiFi. This isn't a great fix though since it now isn't working for me and you also have to do it whenever you boot up your PC.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 06:12:29 AM »
      I am currently having the exact same problem with my PC for the second time. I fixed it the first time by opening up the services app and restarting "WLAN AutoConfig" and then reconnecting to the WiFi. This isn't a great fix though since it now isn't working for me and you also have to do it whenever you boot up your PC.

Have you set WLAN Autoconfig to "Automatic" so it starts with Windows?

JEF_one_F

Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 06:17:15 AM »
        Yes I do. I have to connect to the WiFi then restart it and reconnect to the WiFi.

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 06:22:01 AM »
        And I'm guessing the computer WiFi is also set to connect automatically.

JEF_one_F

Starter

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 06:26:08 AM »
          No I don't just so I know exactly what I'm connecting too since I tested connecting to my phone hotspot.