Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Got new modem...can't connect  (Read 7022 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Got new modem...can't connect
    « on: September 19, 2020, 09:59:36 AM »
    I got a new modem last week and I cannot connect it with my Echo Dot. I've tried everything and it just won't connect. I have a wireless printer, had no problem with connecting that. I see that this is on my computer, however, when I click on it (the Echo Dot), nothing happens. So I was going to install Alexa app on my computer again but it will only let me connect to my phone. I don't want it on my phone.  I found a lot of places to download the app but am not sure they are legit. I don't know what to do. Can anyone tell me what's going on and do I trust other sites to get the download from?

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Got new modem...can't connect
    « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »
    Amazon supports only phones, iPhone or Android for the app.  Any other apps you find are 3rd party and not "official".  The only app I would consider using for a Windows PC is the app found in the Microsoft store.

Base10

Beginner
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 12:23:11 PM »
      Hi there,

Not sure if you got sorted out or not.  If you're still having issues then you can maybe have a wee read of this, it might help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GF7HA8GERSJGPCGE#:~:text=Check%20that%20your%20router%20is%20working.&text=If%20other%20devices%20can't,adapter%20for%20your%20Echo%20device

B :)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 01:11:43 PM »
        Thanks, I have gotten it sorted out. Had to put an app on phone to make it work on computer.  And computers were supposed to keep you from having extra work to do.