Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Windows 10 laptop cannot go to sleep  (Read 3358 times)

lights from bredock

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
My Windows 10 laptop cannot go to sleep
« on: October 05, 2020, 06:22:56 AM »
I have a Windows 10 64 bit operating system running on an Acer Aspire ES1-571 laptop. Now the problem is since the last three days it has stopped going in sleep mode on its own when being left idle.

I have already changed the setting to put the computer to sleep on both battery and when plugged in , by going to change advanced power settings, power options, multimedia settings and when sharing media.

I also opened CMD and typed the comand - powercfg -devicequery wake_armed to check if anything is enabled to wake up the computer, but I got the answer "NONE".

Can you please help me with this problem. I will be waiting for the help. Thank You.

lights from bredock

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: My Windows 10 laptop cannot go to sleep
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 06:43:40 AM »
I solved my problem of my Windows 10 laptop not being able to sleep on its own. I did the following thing -

1) I went in "safe mode".

2) Opened "Run" by right clicking on Windows logo then typed "regedit" to open the "registry". 

3) In registry I went to - Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run - You should be deleating file "tappi.loc" but I did not have it. All I had was "Realtek audio" and "SecurityHealthSystray.exe" files. 

2)In registory I went to - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and check for the file - "DAEMON Tools Lite" but do not delete it. But I did not have this eather. All I had was "OpenDNS Updater" file here.

3) I then open "Edit" drop down menu on the top and go to "Find" then type %temp% and then delete everything in the "Temporary Files" folder.

That is it. This solved my problem. My laptop can now finally go to sleep automatically.  :). You can also watch the whole YouTube video to solve this simelar problem here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6lbosIEqJc&t=114s

lights from bredock

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: My Windows 10 laptop cannot go to sleep
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 11:47:51 PM »
The 4th step is to "restart" you computer and is very important to solve this problem.

I also suggest after you have finished following the above steps you restore your computer to a previous point in time with a "restore point" to a time you feel everything was working properly.