Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Corrupted 10 Installation - How can i recover it?.  (Read 2733 times)

alexsunny123

Topic Starter

Starter

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
  • Experience: Familiar
Corrupted 10 Installation - How can i recover it?.
« on: October 06, 2020, 04:01:30 AM »
Hello,

A family member has recently upgraded their 4 year old ASUS Laptop to windows 10 after bacoming completely frustrated and fed up with how 7 was working. All was fine for a few days but hten a couple of days ago ten stopped loading and the machine went into a 'BootLoop'. Wouldnt boot windows and kept going into recovery mode. When i started looking into it and how to fix it i found none of the recovery options would work Startup repair, System restore, return to previous build all failed or couldnt do anything. Even non file destructive system reset would not work. Only thing left was 'File Destructive' Reset ie clean reinstall of windows. had to try this to get the PC back working. This operation went to 66% and then failed. After which no operating system could be found! It appeared Reset had partialy worked - deleted or partialy deleted windows, corrupting it beyond recorery.

I then decided to ditch 10 and go back to 7 - i have boot/install media for it, but when i loaded the DVD with 7 on it and tried to install 7, it looked like 10 was still there. I even put in a LIve CD copy of a Linux OS to boot from and lookat the hard drive and it looks like 10 is still there.

I want to recover 10 if possible. I have tried downloading ISO files to my own (7 Desktop) machine  to put onto DVD, but so far not been sucessfull. Media Creation Tool version is too big and the Tech Bench download is too time consuming and complicated for me.

In the end i cant really decide wht route to take, back to 7 (clean install) and stay with it, Reinstall 7 and then upgrade to 10 or recover/reinstall 10 directly.

thanks
alexsunny

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Corrupted 10 Installation - How can i recover it?.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 04:38:24 PM »
I would reinstall 10 directly. it has already had 10 loaded sot is fine to do a clean install. With all you have done so far it points to a hardware problem either a failing hard drive or bad memory. 
Most likely hard drive I would put an SSD drive in and then load Windows 10 .

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

alexsunny123

Topic Starter

Starter

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Corrupted 10 Installation - How can i recover it?.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 04:28:57 AM »
Hello,

A family member has recently upgraded their 4 year old ASUS Laptop to windows 10 after bacoming completely frustrated and fed up with how 7 was working. All was fine for a few days but hten a couple of days ago ten stopped loading and the machine went into a 'BootLoop'. Wouldnt boot windows and kept going into recovery mode. When i started looking into it and how to fix it i found none of the recovery options would work Startup repair, System restore, return to previous build all failed or couldnt do anything. Even non file destructive system reset would not work. Only thing left was 'File Destructive' Reset ie clean reinstall of windows. had to try this to get the PC back working. This operation went to 66% and then failed. After which no operating system could be found! It appeared Reset had partialy worked - deleted or partialy deleted windows, corrupting it beyond recorery.

I then decided to ditch 10 and go back to 7 - i have boot/install media for it, but when i loaded the DVD with 7 on it and tried to install 7, it looked like 10 was still there. I even put in a LIve CD copy of a Linux OS to boot from and lookat the hard drive and it looks like 10 is still there.

I want to recover 10 if possible. I have tried downloading ISO files to my own (7 Desktop) machine  to put onto DVD, but so far not been sucessfull. Media Creation Tool version is too big and the Tech Bench download Ometv Chatroulette Omegle Bazoocam is too time consuming and complicated for me.

In the end i cant really decide wht route to take, back to 7 (clean install) and stay with it, Reinstall 7 and then upgrade to 10 or recover/reinstall 10 directly.

thanks
alexsunny

thanks my issue has been fixed.