Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Memory errors on Alienware X51 R2  (Read 2559 times)

Scoria

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Memory errors on Alienware X51 R2
    « on: October 07, 2020, 09:37:47 AM »
    Hi,
    I have been having trouble with my computer for a while. I am on an Alienware X51 R2 which I have recently migrated the OS onto an external SSD, and I am getting lots of errors occurring with Windows. I migrated to the SSD due to many bluescreens which pointed me to a degraded OS.
    The most prominent error now is opening the start menu will instead cause a critical error and cause a permanent form to open with the only option to log out. Logging out does not fix the problem. I have done multiple things to try to remedy and diagnose the problem, like doing an ePSA from the BIOS and running DISM in command prompt. The DISM still has not caused any effect for the errors, and the ePSA had lots of errors come from memory (error code 2000-0122).
    I have reset and reinstalled Windows 10 twice now with each having different errors come up. The first time I installed Windows worked perfectly fine until it abruptly stopped. Whenever I would power on the PC, the BIOS would load twice (once for the external SSD, and the other for the original OS), and would be stuck after it was finished loading.
    I reset the OS again and now I am able to run it again, but there are many more errors than before.

Any assistance at all would be great!
    Thank you.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Memory errors on Alienware X51 R2
    « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 10:09:46 AM »
    I would check to see if your RAM is on the MBoard QVL list...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »
    If the pre-boot system assessment (EPSA) is saying there is memory errors then the memory has failed or needs to be reseated. Reseating means with all power disconnected and drained from the computer you remove and re insert the memory a few times this can clean the contacts. Use the EPSA to re test the memory after doing this if you still can't get a pass without errors you will need new memory.
    The memory specs for your Dell is,  DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 1024Meg x 64 •
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 03:35:58 PM »
    He should still check the list...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "