Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pointer auto-click on laptop  (Read 9552 times)

Rich73Kelly

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Familiar
    Pointer auto-click on laptop
    « on: October 26, 2020, 04:34:07 PM »
    Hi all ... I have an older Dell Inspiron E1505 with Vista Home Edition. I still use this for music and Karaoke functions. However .... I have this frustration I have not been able to disable. I don't know if it is some sort of touch pad feature or, how it works My daughter had an HP Laptop with Vista and it did the same thing.
    Using the touchpad (I haven't noticed while using a mouse connected but, it could be), if I leave the pointer hovering over say, a folder, after a second or two, it will open that folder on its own. This gets very frustrating when looking through a list of folders to find the one I want.
    All I am asking is for someone to give me a solution to turn this feature off.
     I am going to cross-post this in the "Hardware" forum as well.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Pointer auto-click on laptop
    « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 09:43:18 PM »
    Start by :

Clicking the Start  button, click Control Panel, click Ease of Access, click Ease of Access Center, and then click Make the mouse easier to use.

And turn off
    Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse. This option makes it easier to select and activate a window by pointing at it with the mouse rather than by clicking it.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Rich73Kelly

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Pointer auto-click on laptop
      « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 10:38:25 PM »
      This option is not ticked ("Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse." is the only option under "Make it easier to switch between windows".