Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: labtop won't boot after factory reset  (Read 29990 times)

robin1

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    labtop won't boot after factory reset
    « on: November 10, 2020, 09:59:53 PM »
    My computer is a HP Envy 6, Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD A6-4455M APU with Radeon, Memory 3.47 GB, 64 bit, Drive Size 469.5 GB.

Today, I bought the labtop from a pawn shop without buying the 6 month insurance. I turned the labtop on and off. Later I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't boot windows. I went to the HP Recovery Manager and clicked on "Restore your computer to original factory condition". After a while it said, Recovery is complete. After the computer restarts and you have finished the initial setup of your computer, you must perform some additional important steps. Click finish to restart your computer now. So I clicked finish but it still wouldn't boot.

I turned the computer off and on with repeatedly clicking f8. In the Advanced Boot Options menu if I click Safe Mode it brings up the HP Recovery Manager which says Restoration Incomplete. The Restoration did not complete. Please select one of the following buttons: Save Log, Details, Retry.

I don't know what to do to get the labtop to turn on so I can use it. I hope I didn't mess up real bad. I'm a computer beginner. I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out.

ngc2392

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: labtop won't boot after factory reset
      « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 02:19:03 AM »
      Hard one, maybe is the drive faulty or some other problem within the system. I should say that you need to format the drive and reinstall the system from fresh...