Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: chat log for nov 24 2020  (Read 85113 times)

guest_27

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    chat log for nov 24 2020
    « on: November 25, 2020, 05:54:19 AM »
    hey there,

apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum category, This is guacamole from the computerhope chat, I have been off and on on the forums for last couple years but tried out the chat yesterday and registered my nick to guacamole on the mibbit server. Basically I was having a conversation with a couple of the users in the channel regarding how to set up a nick and an account for the client, and I had accidentally closed out of the tab window, so hence I lost the whole chat.

I wanted to know, if possible, could any moderator from the chat supply me with a log of the conversation I had? Not being able to know my conversation that I had kind of makes me very anxious, because I got worried if I may have accidentally given some personal info away(like my passwords) and if I had a log to read my whole conversation, it would be very helpful just for my peace of mind this way I could have the reassurance that I hadn't accidentally typed out my password on the chat. Because a couple times I had made a mistake when typing the /, it's a command to the server for setting my password and it does not get typed on the channel, but since I forgot to do the /, the command became visible on the channel, and  I was very concerned because I set my mibbit password to the same as my email password. I guess if I get so anxious then maybe IRC isn't the place for me haha :) If anyone could help me out by posting a log of my complete chat session that would be awesome, this way I can verify that my password wasn't leaked out by accident because of forgetting to type the / command, thanks in advance.

guacamole
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:25:40 AM by guest_27 »

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: chat log for nov 24 2020
    « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 12:03:07 PM »
    Relax Guac, you're safe and secure.  I told you to always use the mibbit tab when identifying and then we set up auto-login with mibbit client so you didn't have to any actions/commands to log in/identify any longer.  Anytime you think your password for Guacamole is compromised you can just change it and stop worrying.
    type:   /ns help  in chat or use mibbit wiki before asking questions always helps us not having to do it for you.

I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

guest_27

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: chat log for nov 24 2020
      « Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 02:28:07 PM »
      hey lostcoast got it, will make sure to use the methods you mentioned to navigate the client, I really do like IRC it seems like a nice chat service, I just need to get to know it better, I'm definitely interested in learning more about how mibbit works.

As far as the password thing, I was just very concerned that if I may have inadvertently typed out my actual password in the channel, because earlier I didn't know that the "/" means nothing you type will be displayed on the screen and so when I was attempting to set up my password I thought I might have accidentally typed out my actual password in the channel because I didn't do the "/". I'm not too worried about my guacamole account on mibbit because I know I can easily change my password, what I was much more concerned about was the password to my gmail being compromised because it's the same password as the one I set for guacamole, and I completely understand if you can't share logs,  I just thought to confirm with you if it's ok, in the chat session that I was in #computerhope channel, had I accidentally broadcasted my gmail password for the channel to see? I guess in short what I'm trying to ask is no one in the channel has my gmail password and can log in to my gmail account correct? thank u so much lostcoast, and sorry for all the trouble you have been extremely helpful
      « Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 02:38:08 PM by guest_27 »