Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Chrome freezing upon waking from sleep  (Read 111730 times)

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Chrome freezing upon waking from sleep
    « Reply #15 on: March 29, 2021, 11:23:04 PM »
    OK Allen, you were right on the bookmarks but while saving the speed dial thumbnails is similar it still a bit different I found. You call up the speed dial page, click on settings in the top right corner, go to more options and then click on import/export. It will then tell you what each does. After clicking export, copy all of the text that appears and save it. After reinstalling Chrome, re-install speed dial and go through the same procedure except click on import. You then copy the text you saved and paste onto speed dial.

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #16 on: March 29, 2021, 11:33:38 PM »
      I uninstalled and re-installed Chrome but it didn't do any good. I was able to save my speed dial thumbnails as I stated in another topic which helped a lot. It doesn't happen in Firefox or a word document, just Chrome. For example, if I'm on Computer hope and my PC goes to sleep, I can't scroll or refresh the page properly (grayed out). It will however allow clicking on a link/topic on whatever page I'm on.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 05:12:42 AM »
      I merged all three threads on the same topic. Please keep everything in one thread.

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 12:12:29 PM »
        Gismo. I missed your response for whatever reason but do appreciate your input. I added the tab suspension extension after the computer began freezing and kind of like it. The second suggestion isn't a problem as my tabs line up beside each other and not on top of each other. I'd rather not do the third one.

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
          « Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 12:15:17 PM »
          I merged all three threads on the same topic. Please keep everything in one thread.
          OK, that's fine. Any other suggestions I might try?

Gizmo

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 06:30:39 PM »
            I have seen other people suggesting that turning off "Automatically detect settings" for Proxy may help the freezing problem.
            If you do use a proxy you won't be able to use this tip.

In Windows 10 open the Start menu, type in "Proxy" > Click on "Proxy Settings" then turn off "Automatically Detect Settings" 

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
              « Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 06:34:06 PM »
              I have seen other people suggesting that turning off "Automatically detect settings" for Proxy may help the freezing problem.
              If you do use a proxy you won't be able to use this tip.

In Windows 10 open the Start menu, type in "Proxy" > Click on "Proxy Settings" then turn off "Automatically Detect Settings"
              I'm pretty sure I've tried that already.

Gizmo

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
                « Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 06:44:30 PM »
                Also definitely change this setting, it has been mentioned so many times by people having the same problem in Chrome, Edge, Opera etc browsers as they are all based on Chrome.

Type the following into the Address Bar: chrome://flags/#calculate-native-win-occlusion
                Change the setting to Disabled

In a reply you said "The second suggestion isn't a problem as my tabs line up beside each other and not on top of each other."
                The setting is happening if a screen saver comes on, you minimise the window, another window is in front, and also sleep.

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
                  « Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 08:32:41 PM »
                  Hey Gizmo, I tried the occlusion tip and it worked. Thank you so much for helping me with this aggravating situation.