Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help because I'm retarded  (Read 4227 times)

fenderstratmab

I need help because I'm retarded
« on: February 05, 2006, 01:31:19 PM »
I own a dell dimension, windows xp OS, and I recently repartitioned my drive, which I have done several times before, but not on my current computer. When I repartitioned my drive, I apparently deleted my network driver, and now my computer won't connect to the internet.

How would I go about getting this to work. the sooner anyone can help me the better. Please help!

GX1_Man

Re: I need help because I'm retarded
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 02:42:09 PM »
tHe Dell support site has ALL drivers ready for download. You can search there with your model number.

If y6ou want to post the service tag (on the machine case) we can look up jus the one you need.  ;D

fenderstratmab

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 02:56:26 PM »
tHe Dell support site has ALL drivers ready for download. You can search there with your model number.

If y6ou want to post the service tag (on the machine case) we can look up jus the one you need.  ;D

That's part of the problem. I bought my computer online but not from dell. So I dont have a service tag, it didn't come with one. And I don't know what to download because im hardware illiterate

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 03:05:36 PM »
When it boots up press F2 to get to the BIOS and look in the lower right hand corner for the service tag.

ALternatively, you can post the model number DImension 2400, etc. and we can track it down.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 04:03:48 PM »
...I bought my computer online but not from dell. So I dont have a service tag, it didn't come with one. And I don't know what to download because im hardware illiterate
The Dell Service Tag is permanently attached to the computer.  Look on the label where the power cord plugs in.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 04:04:35 PM by Computer_Commando »

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 04:20:25 PM »
Sometimes they come off, but the info is in the BIOS. Or you casn download Belarc Advisor (free at www.belarc.com), run it and look in the top right corner.