Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to install driver for Video?  (Read 3380 times)

Dawn

How to install driver for Video?
« on: February 05, 2006, 01:49:44 PM »
I am running Windows 2000 on a HP Vectra;the monitor is a HP 14 inch "Super VGA."  I've just installed SBC DSL, but, when connected to the internet, can barely read any text, and all images are REALLY bad. I've spent the last two hours reading info from this (Computer Hope) site, and have learned alot, but not (I suppose) enough. Can anyone help? Here's what I know about my system: In the device manager, I have a yellow question mark next to my "Video Controller - VGA compatible." I've tried deleting this, restarting windows, and allowing windows to look for the device. It still installs this same thing. When I try to go through the device installation wizard, I always get a message that the wizard can't detect any "appropriate" drivers.

I have a floppy disk labeled HP Driver Installation Diskette, which came with the computer; on this disk there is a file "SLUSBHLP.VXD, which I think is the driver. Can I just manually copy this file somewhere to fix the problem? Or do I need to do something else?

Thanks for any help,

Dawn

GX1_Man

Re: How to install driver for Video?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 02:40:41 PM »
First you have to identify the graphics adapter, then locate the driver (an updated one if available), and then install it. Since it is an HP, the driver will be on the HP website.  What processor does it have as well?

If you could identify your model number, it could help with the first issue.