Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer shuting down or rebooting  (Read 6131 times)

Robstercraw

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Computer shuting down or rebooting
    « on: April 15, 2021, 01:20:16 PM »
    The computer reboots usually after I get back on it in the mornings. Sometimes at night. I have upgraded the power supply because it would sometimes not reboot and the fans would all still be on but that didn't help. Also updated Nvidia driver. This is not a BSOD.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer shuting down or rebooting
    « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 02:18:35 PM »
    Can you download Speccy from here https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download
    Run it and select File, publish snapshot then copy the url link to your next post.
    This will allow us to review your computer build for a possible solution.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Robstercraw

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 12:30:56 AM »
      Thankyou for the Speccy Report. It shows everything is OK. No over clocking etc. What power supply do you have now ?
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 05:25:26 AM »
      I know you said it's not a bsod, but let's double check please.
      Download BlueScreenView:
      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
      unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
      when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
      Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
      Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

Robstercraw

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 11:08:47 AM »
        EVGA 750 G+ . I don't even have a minidump folder. I have the full MEMORY.DMP file. That program will not work with that.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
        • My first real computer
          • Yes
        « Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 10:41:37 PM »
        The power supply is up to the task of running the computer so it's not the problem.
        ― John Bunyan

Robstercraw

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 10:07:44 AM »
          well the 650 was up to par as well but it's commonly thought that is it shuts down or restarts and the fans are still going then the power supply is starting to go out. That obviously wasn't the problem.

Robstercraw

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 10:11:53 PM »
            any thoughts?

Lisa_maree

Mentor
            • My first real computer
              • Yes
            « Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 01:43:18 AM »
            Next time this happens,

Can you post what you do to get the computer to startup again and doesn't it keep going? the Speccy report shows the computer is running very cool not over heating.
            When you get the computer restarted is there any entry's in the windows logs pointing to where the problem might be.

Also you have these running,

Friday, April/16/2021 8:05 PM;: OBS stop streaming

Monday, May/10/2021 10:59 AM;: Driver Easy Scheduled Scan
            audio router
            BirdFeederCam Bot
            CCleanerSkipUAC
            CreateExplorerShellUnelevatedTask
            minerstat-win
            NiceHash QuickMiner
            ROCCAT DEVICE SERVICE

Do you want these scheduled, Driver Easy should go
            And if you don't want to stream a web cam BirdFeederCam Bot
            And if you are not wanting to mine bitcoin the rest should go as well
            ROCCAT DEVICE SERVICE seems to have caused problems for some users,  you will need to un install all the swarm software to stop it loading.
            You could also see if the problem is there when running Win10 in safe mode with networking. If it works ok in safe mode it is either 1 of the above services or a driver.
            To access windows 10 safe mode refer here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

― John Bunyan

Robstercraw

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 12:41:18 PM »
              Sometimes it will just reboot on its on. Other times I long-press the power button. The fans never stop. Driver Easy isn't installed that's just leftover trash like CCleaner. If I didn't want to stream the cam I would not have it set up to turn on the software and start streaming at a set time automatically and have it close. If I didn't want to mine eth (not bitcoin) I wouldn't have nicehash on 24/7. Roccat is the keyboard software. Uninstalling that is out of the question as it would render the keyboard useless. I'm well aware how to access safe mode. The miner, audio router, and Roccat were all installed after it started doing this and can't be to blame. This didn't start happening right after anything was added, installed, or taken away. I know it's not the power supply, that does seem like it would be the culprit because if one is going bad it can still power the fans and lose power elsewhere. However, I installed a new one thinking it was the problem but it's not. I'm thinking it's not software-related as there are zero errors anywhere other than the Kernel-Power error (ID 41) error message states that the system has rebooted without first cleanly shutting down. It could be hardware-related. Have I left it on for 24 hours sitting there in safe mode? No, as I would not be able to use the computer for anything I need to.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
              • My first real computer
                • Yes
              « Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 03:02:11 PM »
              Unless it is a poorly assembled build, it is not Hardware ..... I have checked the speccy report twice and the hardware checks out perfect.
              Which leaves either a poor mains supply is this a possibility  or software. if you can't/won't do the diagnoses to find what software is causing this how can we help ? As i said in my last post swarm software seems to have caused problems for other users . Your comment "Uninstalling that is out of the question as it would render the keyboard useless." You are only un installing to test not for ever.
              The computer appears to be less than a year old, how come you are not returning it under warranty.
              Or did you assemble it yourself ? If so did you use Anti static procedures.
              ― John Bunyan

Robstercraw

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 03:36:17 PM »
                I built this computer. As I stated, everything except OBS was installed after much after it started doing this. The power supply is new. I explained that I replaced it thinking it was the problem. If it was installed after the problem started it's not the problem as it was doing it before it was even in the equation. As much as I like speccy you can't truly test a mobo or cpu without a diagnostic card.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
                • My first real computer
                  • Yes
                « Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 10:22:07 PM »
                You can effectively test the Motherboard and CPU with software. I don't know of a modern hardware diagnostic card which from the connections on your motherboard would test it. Even old pci post cards are not supported and are normally used for diagnostics of   motherboard which won't complete post.
                You could make up a memtest flash drive, with memtest running and try gently moving the memory and other connection to see if it locks up or restarts.

― John Bunyan

Robstercraw

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 10:35:20 AM »
                  None of the software can test the physical components like capacitors, etc that I know of. I know the post cards are old school but they will still tell you more than beeps (if you can find the code chart for the specific bios lol). The ram is new and it did the same with the old ram.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
                  • My first real computer
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #15 on: April 21, 2021, 02:21:35 PM »
                  Ok

Facts,
                  Motherboards as part of the assembly process at tested automatically before being shipped.
                  CPU wafers at tested completely before they are cased and then the CPU is fully tested.
                  YOUR motherboard does not send post codes to any of the expansion slots. You would need a PCI or ISA slot for this to happen. I appreciate there is PCIe post cards but your motherboard doesn't support them. And once the computer is finished posting i.e starting to load Windows  a post card displays FF.

You are missing the point about running memtest. A bad memory connection could cause some of the symptoms you described.
                  ― John Bunyan