Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB Live Windows 7 no access to the Internet  (Read 36540 times)

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    USB Live Windows 7 no access to the Internet
    « on: May 09, 2021, 06:45:11 PM »
    I made a Windows7 USB Live on one of my flash drives. There's no internet connection at all. I can't see network adapters in the Network & Internet section of Windows Explorer. Seems like no drivers for internet. In general USB ports work. I already check 'em out. I'm saying in general because when I stick to the USB port my external wireless adapter (no internal one in my computer) there is no sign that it works. Anyway, my computer has been connected to the modem/Internet all the time (hard wired).
    A few days ago I made a Windows10 USB Live on my another flash drive (Windows that I actually have on my hard drive). And there was no problem with access to the Internet.

How could I go around this problem? May someone comment on this issue, please.

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: USB Live Windows 7 no access to the Internet
      « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 08:59:33 PM »
      Okay guys, never mind. I found a CD of my Belkin wireless adapter and had installed drivers from there. So I have an internet now. Though ethernet adapter stays still invisible in Windows Explorer. Hmm  ???  ???
      But despite the fact that internet is accessible now I couldn't make windows updates. Simply, can't update Windows and that's all. That's weird. Can't even update anything else. Like still there's no access to the Internet  ;D  IE browser and Mozilla (which I have installed) work though. Is this maybe the reason that I refused windows updates when I was configuring Windows right after its installation?  Specifically saying I clicked on the button >Later< then. There was option: install Windows Updates now or later. Hmm I don't think that's the reason.
      Anyway, besides this problem all system Win7 Live on my flash drive is slow and programs hang oftentimes, including Windows Explorer. I had no these problems after creation of Win10 USB Live on my another flash drive. And there are no problems so far with that one. Win10 USB Live runs smooth and good.
      So, I'm going to nuke Win7 USB Live. It makes no sense to keep struggling with that.

BTW: I still will create another Win7 USB Live  :D Just out of my curiosity. I know that some other guys had no such problems  after installation Win7 USB Live. You know, this just arouses my curiosity.