Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SYSTEM LOCKOUT - BLACK SCREEN - WILL NOT BOOT UP  (Read 2659 times)

Ladyseahawk

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    SYSTEM LOCKOUT - BLACK SCREEN - WILL NOT BOOT UP
    « on: May 01, 2021, 05:12:33 AM »
    Hello everyone - I am desperate for help - I know that Incredimail shut down however I was still successfully using it until I inadvertently allowed Microsoft to automatically download KB4577586 on my Acer Laptop which automatically removed Adobe Flash Player needed by Incredimail to operate. Microsoft says that this update cannot be uninstalled but before I discovered this information I allowed it to happen to my Surface Pro which I am now using. Anyway I searched the net and someone posted that if I downloaded Flash Player Pro 6.0 that I would get Incredimail back – I did this to the Acer and at first for about 1 minute it worked – I opened my mail unfortunately I took a break and when I came back my system was totally GONE – the computer won’t boot up – All I have on my Acer is a dark screen. I took it to a computer guy who has told me that all my info is still there however he can only rescue my docs and pics and to do that means new sys install. All my desperately needed emails along with other program information will still be there but I will be unable to access them. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas how I can get it all back to where it was? I am hoping and praying someone can help me. – No I stupidly do not have a recent system backup of either machine & now Incedimail (which was working on here Surface Pro) will not work and I am too frightened to download Flash Player Pro 6.0 again in case it happens to this machine. I am desperate because the Acer and in particular Incredimail holds VITAL INFORMATION that I desperately need. Thanks for listening or reading.