Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: winspool.drv  error  (Read 12301 times)

cdngo

winspool.drv  error
« on: February 06, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »
  Hello. I am operating a Dell Dimension 2350. Windows XP. For some reason, I am now receiving numerous error messages whenever I start up my machine. I may have accidentally deleted a file or two last year on it, and have recently started to use the same machine again. Also just installed a new printer. The error messages are linked to the printer, I believe.

All the errors indicate I am missing my 'winspool.drv'     It is my understanding that I go to C:WINDOWS/System/      and the appropriate file, then double-click to extract it. However, my winspool.drv is there but an 'unknown file' and will not open. Can anyone advise me of how to open it?   If I open it(extract it), then I can find out if that method resolves the numerous 'winspool.drv' errors.

Thank you very much.......

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
    Re:  winspool.drv  error
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 03:02:40 PM »
    Look under System32 Winspool.drv is there...
    there are 3 winspools in the Windows folder  :)
    Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

cdngo

Re:  winspool.drv  error
    « Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »
       Sorry it took so long to get back to you. But it didn't work. There is only one of those files in the System32 folder. This one: "Windows 16-bit WOW Psuedo Printer Driver (loaded as WINSPOOL.DRV)"
    And that's it. I copied it over to the System folder opened it, ran it, etc. No change.  I keep getting those winspool.drv errors.    I tried deleting the printer from my pc in an attempt to re-install, but when I attempt to open the 'printers/faxes' from the Control Panel, the window comletely closes out.  Attempts to re-install Windows XP went nowhere too! Received a message stating the XP on my pc is newer than the disc. The one that came with the pc..!!!   :o

Any advice? Please....... :-?