Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i2C device, code 10  (Read 120050 times)

kenvjan

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    i2C device, code 10
    « on: June 21, 2021, 03:42:11 PM »
    Hi.

I'm using an HP laptop, an i5 Pavilion I bought about 6 months ago, running windows10.  All of a sudden, the touchpad went completely dead.  I looked in the device manager, found the device, uninstalled it, reset the computer.  The touchpad is still dead and has now disappeared from the device driver.  There is an exclamation point/bang/! next to the i2C HID device, along with a code 10 error saying that the descriptor for the device cannot be found.

I started the computer in UEFI diagnostic mode, the touchpad works a treat.  Soooo, I replaced the drivers for the i2C HID device, thinking it was a device driver issue.  The new drivers were apparently corrupt, the device could not be started, code 48.  At this point I got in touch with HP and got the run around, to the point that I gave up, frankly.  I've since reset the machine using the cloud version of windows, no result.

Can anyone suggest something that I havent tried?  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the i2C HID device, no result.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Kenvjan