Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: TP-Link Extender  (Read 38067 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
TP-Link Extender
« on: May 07, 2021, 04:10:14 PM »
Anyone have any luck with these?

I find my devices DONT attach "automatically" to the extender no matter how I configure it.

If I tell my printer to connect to the network through the extender, my devices can't print anymore. (Don't get me started on wireless printers!)

Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: TP-Link Extender
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 04:27:28 PM »
Who don't say what model TP_link extender you have. Some have a sleep option to conserve power which cause clients to need to reconnect.
I like to use ethernet over power devices. They work really well if you follow the installation instructions.
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: TP-Link Extender
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 01:14:48 PM »
I've tried a couple, most lately the AC-1750. All seem to be garbage.

I presume you mean something like this?

I used the PowerLines in the past, but I'm in an apartment building, so I had less faith in the "follow the wire" ability... And you need a second router/bridge then, right?
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.