Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Specify browser by which a Win8.1 opens a specific Desktop Shortcut  (Read 85447 times)

charliejones

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    I have multiple browsers installed and in use for several websites.  Most of the websites, I access via Desktop Shortcuts (Win 8.1).

Unfortunately, my preferred - thus Default - browser breaks a few websites due to its high level of privacy protection.

Is there a way to specify which browser is opened for each Desktop Shortcut?

Sorry if my terminology seems antiquated or strange, but I have a large display and I've filled it with Shortcuts.  I need some to open with Chrome, but it is neither my preferred, nor my default - which, again, features settings that are too strict for a few important websites to open or function properly if they open.

Any ideas?

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Specify browser by which a Win8.1 opens a specific Desktop Shortcut
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 02:51:39 PM »
    Check out the instructions at this link: https://www.technipages.com/windows-open-website-with-specific-browser

The author of that article says it works for windows 7 and windows 10 but you can try to see if it will work for windows 8.1.