Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Migration to Sharepoint online and OneDrive  (Read 31011 times)

Sarah_Wat

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Migration to Sharepoint online and OneDrive
    « on: October 02, 2021, 04:24:01 AM »
    Need to transfer data (files and folders) to sharepoint online and OneDrive as we do our office 365 migration. Currently we are looking at sharegate but the price and amount of work involved is a bit more than we want to spend in terms of budget. Was hoping to find something a lot more straight forward

Sarah_Wat

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Migration to Sharepoint online and OneDrive
      « Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 06:17:49 AM »
      any help ?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 10:17:46 AM »
      I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but it's all I have. When my company migrated from Exchange to O365 we used an outside consultant - and we're glad we did. It was not an easy process. They of course used 3rd party migration tools (don't know which) and although it was for fewer than 50 employees, it took a lot of planning on their part and the better part of a full day to execute the migration (and then some follow up to mitigate any minor issues that arose). And btw, our top folks are all IT people (Ex CIO of Fortune 100 companies & telecom professionals) - and we chose to "outsource" and make sure it was done right.

As I said, I know that doesn't answer your question directly. While we can offer some input for questions such as yours (and perhaps one of our other members can do better than I just did), forums such as Computer Hope are geared mainly toward the individual user as opposed to corporate issues. Wish I could be of more assistance.

Sarah_Wat

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 01:29:05 AM »
        Thank You Allan , This is the main point , in our case, our user mailboxes are done by third-party consultants and they are paid to get that project completed.
        For data migration to OneDrive and SharePoint is a different deal. We cannot have the consultants do it as we cannot abide by a certain time frame and the bill would be very expensive for them if we prolong the project. We will need to work with different departments and different users to manage the data migration. Thus, we need to do it ourselves.
        That is why we look at Sharegate and our issue with it  is that it is very very expensive . We aim to do it with low cost!

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 05:32:23 AM »
        I wish you luck Sarah, but I don't think you'll find a truly inexpensive way to migrate to SharePoint. If you do, please come back and let us know.

Sarah_Wat

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 02:45:07 AM »
          I will be happy to back and share my experience in this issue with you.
          Thank You  :)

Sarah_Wat

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 02:34:56 AM »
            Hi  Allan
            I am very lucky, I have what I need now, I found tool Gs Richcopy 360, which works very well and have a very low cost compared to Sharegate

Thank You

Allan

• Mastermind
            « Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 05:28:33 AM »
            Thanks for the follow up Sarah. Congrats on the find and best of luck on the transition.