Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to obliterate the memory of an obsolete modem ?  (Read 13497 times)

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Experienced
How to obliterate the memory of an obsolete modem ?
« on: October 07, 2021, 03:41:00 PM »
Try as I might, the Google Help website did not give me the chance to 'state my case', only to list the title. In Password Check, Google warns me about 'the unsecure credentials' of an obsolete modem that I'd like to wipe from memory, but Google only gives me the chance to CHANGE the password. Is there a way how THAT memory can be obliterated ?

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: How to obliterate the memory of an obsolete modem ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 03:42:08 PM »
If modem is no longer in use and password changed... trying to figure out what the problem is with an obsolete password stored somewhere out there that is invalid for any other sites or hardware.

Curious what this has to do with Windows 10.... is the modem listed as an offline device that you want to remove from Windows 10 the same as removing an old printer that is no longer used or this has nothing to do with Windows 10 and instead is Google storing information that you want changed that has to be done by interfacing with your Google Account and removing old information?

Your request for help isnt clear enough to give a clear solution... maybe more info on what you have going on will help us help you.

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 06:20:38 PM »
The modem is obsolete - no longer in use and indeed useless now; The password did not change. The modem for the new system is different from the modem of the new system.
"trying to figure out what the problem is with an obsolete password stored somewhere" The problem is that it gets gets listed among issues that Google wants me to attend to.
It is a google issue but Google does not provide 'after-sales-service' so I have to look elsewhere for advice.
I have given more information - I hope it is enough; I will try what options my Google account offers.

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 10:30:51 PM »
Scroll down to the section "Show, edit, delete, or export saved passwords" and follow those instructions.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95606?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop