Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help as I can't connect to some internet sites  (Read 12308 times)

JackCatalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Familiar
    I need help as I can't connect to some internet sites
    « on: October 15, 2021, 04:33:28 AM »
    I can't connect to some internet sites. It says that the site can't be reached. I tried getting rid of the proxy server but it didn't work. A few sites work and some don't. I would try Windows Network Diagnostics that's suggested to me when the site says it can't be reached but that doesn't work for some reason. It says an error has happened while it was troubleshooting. I don't what to do. I've unplugged the modem for 2 to 5 mins. and that doesn't work. I don't know what else to do.

stream26

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: I need help as I can't connect to some internet sites
      « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 07:02:27 AM »
      It can be a problem with secure connections. This would explain why some websites work (they use unsecure HTTP connections) and some don't (they use secure HTTPs connections).

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 07:16:47 AM »
      1) Click START and enter: CMD
          Right-Click on the Command Prompt Option and select "Run as administrator"   
          When the command prompt window opens type: ipconfig /flushdns    Press ENTER   
          Close the command prompt window and try the sites again   
      2) If it's still an issue, see if the same thing happens with a different browser

JackCatalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 02:03:15 PM »
        I was able to fix it. I think I just pressed the router button on my modem and it worked.