Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Win 10 stops opening  (Read 22438 times)

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Win 10 stops opening
    « on: October 21, 2021, 05:47:28 PM »
    I have a duo system on separate hd's, Win 10 on new SSD hd and Win 7 on a older Sata hd. I choose via the Bios on which I want to use for the day. Lately, when i choose Win 10, I see the revolving loading circle and the next thing I see, win 7 appearing. I cannot understand what is going on here. Is my new SSD at fault, the Bios screwed up or what. I did go through the Repair mode with my Microsoft tool program and it worked only for one day. Does anyone have any suggestions?

ngc2392

Beginner

Re: Win 10 stops opening
      « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 03:46:23 PM »
      to be rude, I would say stop using dual boot. But, I would say that something is wrong with the mbr record on one of the disk. In the bios you change priority of disk I presume? It's not really necessary to do that since both os know to do dual boot (first older os, then newer). Anyway...I would check that mbr boot records...

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Win 10 stops opening
        « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 12:53:35 PM »
        I don't understand what u mean by BOTH mbr....win 10 os is set as gpt. Under the circumstances i need win 7, otherwise i would not be able to post this message and as for win 10, I need it for backup in the event win 7 screws up So again, how else can i use both if not by dual boot?