Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Would a new router help me?  (Read 40679 times)

BraiNfreeZe

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Beginner
    Would a new router help me?
    « on: November 19, 2021, 06:39:48 PM »
    Here is my problem. I like to watch live TV on my iPhone 8 Plus. When I do, the streaming Xfinity video keeps buffering once the video starts streaming. The video plays fine on on my smart TV, laptop, and on my desktop PC. My desktop PC has a direct Ethernet line going to it, so I expect no problems from that. The smart TV and laptop are wiFi and those do ok. I get the buffering when I use my smartphone. Here is the router I am currently using.
    👇
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SMSDYNF/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_rfb

I am thinking about buying this router. Do you think this will help solve my issue with buffering or not?
    👇
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085288G3M/?coliid=I26R41X1R9YWJH&colid=1J8USQFHA7Q8O&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Here is also a pic. of my internet test speed. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    👇

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Would a new router help me?
    « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 11:35:48 PM »
    Unlikely a new modem will make any difference. Have you checked the iphone free memory space if it is a few 100mb you may need to free up some space.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Would a new router help me?
    « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 03:30:36 PM »
    Any neighbors on the same wireless band channel as yourself... if so move your wifi to a different channel and this may help if the issue is noise from others on the same wireless band. In the router in the wireless setup there should be an ability to change the band that your using to a different band. I've seen before where wireless on the same channel in close proximity of each other causes a degradation for users wireless networks as devices are competing for the same airwaves to send/receive packets.