Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: iPhone 7 Plus 128GB - Issues ever since 15.1  (Read 78560 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
iPhone 7 Plus 128GB - Issues ever since 15.1
« on: November 24, 2021, 09:13:48 PM »
Girlfriend gave me her old iPhone 7 Plus 128GB 18 months ago and it has been running completely fine until Apple rolled out IOS 15.1

Was wondering if there was a means of rolling back to earlier version as info I find on Google seems to say it was a one way door as Apple killed off roll backs to prior to IOS 15.1

It has 98GB free of 128GB so I know its not an issue with it congested with too much stuff.

Prior to update to 15.1 it was fine. Now the issues I have with it are the following:

1.) Camera when taking a picture you tap the phone to take a picture and at a random point in tapping it will take a picture.
2.) Cant video call as for you have the video call ring and when you accept the call you see video but there is no audio.
3.) Placing Phone Calls the call connects but you can hear the other person but they cant hear you. If you call them its the other way around where they can hear you but you cant hear them.
4.) Backing up my pictures and videos there is some corruption as some images wont open anymore and when attempting to copy them from iPhone to PC they will start to copy over and then error message and the copy fails. This has given me the ability to do a partial backup of the pictures and video content.

Wonders if Apple triggered a planned obsolescence in making this phone acts up to try to get me to buy newer with how messed up it is.

Things I tried so far is to delete apps as an attempt to find an app that might be messing with iPhone and set it back to factory with the mode of not deleting my data off the iPhone so my pictures and videos still remain.

Any suggestions on how to fix the iPhone or roll it back to prior than IOS 15.1?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: iPhone 7 Plus 128GB - Issues ever since 15.1
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 12:41:29 PM »
Main suggestion I have would be to try 3uTools, which might be able to downgrade the iOS version.

I've used it with a cheap corporate-locked iPhone 6, I managed to get cheap on ebay a few years ago, and was able to remove the lock and use the phone without issue. downgrading the iOS version is another of their alleged features. You should just be able to Flash the firmware you want directly-  You'll have to find the firmware file for the version you want, of course.

You can also use it for data transfer- could be more reliable than the method you are already using the copy?

I do not know if updating the firmware in this way will reset the user data.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Experience: Expert
Re: iPhone 7 Plus 128GB - Issues ever since 15.1
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 03:43:42 PM »
Thanks BC, going to try this out and no problem if it wipes all data clean on phone. Most of what I had for data wasnt critical. And iPhone 7 will be far better if rolling back this way fixes it. Will try this out later tonight when I get home from work.