Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Minimize an already open window?  (Read 57804 times)

ham fam

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Minimize an already open window?
    « on: December 16, 2021, 09:18:35 AM »
    I'm trying to use my batch file, to close a previously opened window.  for some reason I can't open it minimized via the batch file. The program is housed on a server i don't have direct access to.  So it seems to me, finding a way to minimize it is the answer.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Minimize an already open window?
    « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 06:22:29 PM »
    What program ? ?...what is the server running OS ? ?...if it's not your server you will get no help here.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 07:41:04 PM »
    I agree with Patio. More detail needed here.
    A possible workaround. Use dual monitors. That way you have a place so something else while the remote program dominates your first monitor.

ham fam

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 06:52:11 AM »
      The server isn't mine.  I don't know what version of software runs on the server.  What i do know is that in order to access schematics for the equipment we manufacture, I need to run an App.  I have a shortcut that i was provided for this app.  The shortcut opens a window, inside this window are buttons which launch other programs for viewing prints, printing prints and converting them to PDF.  What I am looking for is the Original window that pops up, which is just a standard window in my mind, just like all the other windows that pop up on my taskbar.  It always pops up on the main screen and is 3 times bigger than it needs to be.  So every morning I fire that app open, then move it to another monitor, and shrink it down so that only the 3 buttons that i will actually use are still visible.  I was trying to automate some of this.  My laptop runs Windows 10.  I think this App, may use Excel, as sometimes an error pops up about excel.  I think if this app is launching at the same time as opening another Excel program, that happens.

Hackoo

Hopeful
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 01:29:22 PM »
      You can try to minimize all windows with this batch that use a powershell :

Code: [Select]
      @echo off
      Title Minimize All Windows
      Powershell -C "(New-Object -ComObject Shell.Application).MinimizeAll()"

ham fam

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 10:54:00 AM »
        I wonder if I can use a variation of what you wrote to only close this one window which is titled "Megtec Apps"?