Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I keep losing my connection.  (Read 34771 times)

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    I keep losing my connection.
    « on: January 15, 2022, 08:26:22 PM »
     had trouble getting connected because of too many walls, the problem was solved by going the ethernet way, google however keeps putting me back on wi fi, I am trying to make ethernet my priority,  I go to settings, network, status, change adapter options, I right click on Ethernet,  properties, and a list appears, Client to M/soft, file printers, Qos packet,  Protocol ver 4,  microsoft multiplex,  LLDP pro driver,  internet version 6.   All are ticked except Micro multiplex. NOW WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE???? HELP
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 09:01:45 PM by grounded »

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: I keep losing my connection.
    « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 09:14:23 PM »
    Disable the Wireless Adapter and it will be forced to use Ethernet Connection only. Otherwise they may compete and cause a headache as to which is considered the actual gateway out.

If its a laptop and you need to use wireless at places, just turn the wireless adapter back on when not connected to ethernet. Then when you go to connect to ethernet again, shut off the wireless adapter and should be all set.

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 12:03:10 AM »
      That's fine but where do I find the wireless adapter? which one on my list is safe to uncheck. Thanks for your rapid responce.

grounded

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 01:19:54 AM »
        I think I have solved the problem, I disabled wi fi . if it causes problems I can just turn it back on. thanks for your help. much appreciated.

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 01:18:48 PM »
        Not a problem and yeah there are a few different ways to disable the wifi and you should be all set now.