Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Generic Windows Tablet has lost all drivers  (Read 70486 times)

PiperTheGreat

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Generic Windows Tablet has lost all drivers
    « on: January 22, 2022, 05:57:28 PM »
    Hello all,

First time posting in these forums, I joined as I need help. I thought I was fairly ok with most aspects of driver installs, but that has been challenged recently. I seem to have broken some drivers on my tablet

It is a fairly generic Tesco Connect 8.9 tablet (Tesco is a supermarket here in the UK if you're not from here), but the device appears to have been made by a now defunct company called Viglen

I had been struggling for ages to update Windows 10 to 21H2, but I finally did it, and it worked ok. Well as ok as it can, this tablet is not impressive in specs at all, and just says runs Windows, I just use it for messing around on, not for anything serious. But I did a rally stupid thing. The tablet was working, I should have left it alone, but I went to the "Optional" section of Windows update, and installed everything there, it looked like Webcam driver stuff etc. basically things that the tablet had onboard. This was a mistake, when rebooting the tablet appears to have lost all drivers for, well, anything, It doesn't know it's a tablet, there's no touch ability, no rotation, no battery indicator, doesn't recognise the SD reader etc, etc.....

Luckily, I already had a Bluetooth keyboard paired, and VNC server running on it, so I can do stuff. Wi-fi seems ok

I managed to find a download of all .inf based drivers from the internet, but i have no idea what to do with them. Tried installing by right clicking, nothing happened, on things like the camera driver, or the battery.... I am not sure what I should be doing to get this back to a workable state... there is no backup, and no restore point, I have no idea why the latter was turned off...

I really don't know what to do, any help will be appreciated

Steven