Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP pro book no boot device found-will not load dvd to re-install OS  (Read 18193 times)

geno368

Topic Starter

Rookie

I need to reformat my hard drive but am unable to load the bios setup or anything.  It finally says "your pc needs to e repaired, error code 0x0000034"
    when I select boot options the only options listed are : boot from efi file or notebook ethernet ipv4.
    I just want to get a cmd prompt so I can use diskpart to re-partition.
    Any help would be appreciated...

ngc2392

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: HP pro book no boot device found-will not load dvd to re-install OS
      « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 01:02:26 PM »
      Well...I think you want to install windows from drive itself which is not possible (refresh is). Anyway, make an usb drive or dvd with windows image (you can download it from microsoft) and then try with install. Do you press f10 just after the boot to get into the bios/uefi settings and there select boot device?

geno368

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 04:36:21 PM »
        I have put in a win 10 iso dvd as well as a flash drive and the laptop will nor run then,,it say no bootable device found

ngc2392

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 05:16:54 AM »
          i get you but did you actually get in the bios or not? booting from dvd or usb is either by default enabled in bios or not. in that case you must go in the bios (f10) and there select the right option.