Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Steal Focus - looking to install and uninstall tweakui to fix it?  (Read 73398 times)

netrate

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I have had "do not steal focus" on this computer for about 6-7 years. I got used to it, but I as someone once said "it will begin to drive you crazy". My memory isn't great, so I cannot remember how I originally installed it

Here is what I have tried :

1)  installed tweakui. This didn't work as it won't show up in my control panel.
    2) whenever I boot, the error comes up says "cannot find tweak.cpl" or something.  I have to click it OK each time the computer restarts.
    3) Using revo uninstaller to try and find the Tweak UI and the Steal focus, but there are not to be found

So two questions

1) how can I remove traces of tweakui - and get rid of the boot window that say "cannot find tweakui.cpl (which is the control panel icon I believe)
    2) How can I turn off = steal focus?

Thanks in advance

netrate

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Steal Focus - looking to install and uninstall tweakui to fix it?
      « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 07:31:20 PM »
      Was this not clear? I am not sure how long to wait for a response or maybe there isn't enough info?