Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot find HP Support Driver page for a DDR3 PC!  (Read 18104 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Cannot find HP Support Driver page for a DDR3 PC!
« on: March 29, 2022, 10:46:02 AM »
Greetings,

Have a HP Pavilion Elite e9000 and its giving me some odd issues. For kicks, i tried creating recovery DVD's of the original WIndows 7 as the client stated they might want to get 7 back on their for outdated software reasons. The computer will read the DVD"s i made, install and then boot loop.

Thats one thing, but in the end the bigger issue is, i cannot find anything on HP's website for this unit. NOTHING drivers wise.

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01911652

this is the closest i could find, but as soon as i click support it asks for my serial which i provide and then proceeds to tell me they found nothing.

Computer specs

AMD Phenom II X4 910
8gb DDR3
1TB WD HDD
AMD Graphics

Thanks for all your help.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Cannot find HP Support Driver page for a DDR3 PC!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 11:56:20 AM »
Good to seeya again Comda...
Sorry this aint goin smoothly but how did you make the recovery CD's and what tools were used ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 12:00:18 PM »
HI Patio.

its been a while since I've been struggled with something :) But challenge accepted right?

The computer still boots into Windows 7. Its just very slow and despite the hard drive claiming its fine, something is VERY SLOW. So my goal is to do a SSD upgrade. But i created the recovery DVD's using the built in HP software to do so. That tool itself creates the 3x 4.7gb DVD's and when running it on a different HDD, it created a recovery partition as well.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 05:08:03 PM »
If the SSD you are installing is smaller than 500GB then the recovery media may not lay out the correct partitioning for the ssd to boot . 500GB was the smallest drive shipped with that model

I also would check in the bios setup for any security settings like "secure boot" and "update secure boot  " if they are enabled try the recovery with the secure boot turned off.
If the data on the old drive size is smaller than the SSD then why not clone the drive.
Also I see the motherboard only supports SATA 2 so the SSD will be throttled back to about 1/2 speed .

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 08:58:30 AM »
For now im actually using a 640GB drive i had lying around to try things out without compromising the data or anything on the 1tb drive.

The bios doesnt have secure boot or anything related. However i did notice that the original drive booted in IDE mode, where AHCI is available. i tried flipping it back and forth to see if it would boot but no dice. It gets to the windows 7 splash screen and reboots. Thats why i thought it was a IDE/AHCI mode issue.

This is where i tried finding a BIOS update and not only couldnt find the page from HP, but no bios updates what so ever. It amazes me how off the shelf PC's dont have bios updates.

GOing to attempt to clone the original drive, recover it using the built in recovery and see if that works.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 02:42:04 PM »
As I recall, HP wiped out the links to a lot of their legacy downloads a while ago, which would be why you cannot find any bios updates or driver downloads from them. Which makes finding either a rather protracted chore.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 11:08:19 AM »
BC_Programmer

Seems really shady on my end of things.

I was able to find the motherboard i have on HP's website. HOwever i want to ask if any of you are able to do anything with this page? AS i get no drivers from it.

Just wanted to double check before i tell the owner how limited I am in what i can do with this unit.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c01925486

Thanks.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 12:44:57 PM »
Well, drivers would typically be found on the page for the actual model number of the device, not the motherboard.  Presumably you tried that already. I can't find anything for the model you listed.

I found a few forum posts about BIOS updates for that motherboard and  they link to URLs on HP's website that no longer exist.

Based on those, such as this one There was no BIOS update as of 2014 so it seems possible there never was one.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2022, 10:18:32 PM »
BC_Programmer

Well, i appreciate you double checking my suspicions. Thank you for doing that. I suppose i'll work with what i have here. More than likely I'll do a clean install of both windows 7 and 10 and simply do a macrium backup for the owner to swap if he needs to again.

Thanks for everyones help.