Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Burnaware professional.  (Read 26412 times)

mengchee

Topic Starter

Rookie

Burnaware professional.
    « on: April 02, 2022, 08:43:01 PM »
    Hello pals I have a problem in Burnaware Professional software, it does not
    successfully burn Data Disc or I should say the datadisc.exe is having some problem. It hang at the compilation
    stage. I tried to download from other source and all having the same problem. This software is OK earlier but now it gives error like there is no disc in the drive although the DVD disc was there. My OS. Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit.  I do hope someone can help.
     Thanks.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Burnaware professional.
    « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 01:43:46 PM »
    If able to burn data to a disc with another tool such as Windows built in disc burner you can determine if its the optical drive or that software.

Creating a data CD in Windows 7:

Insert a blank CD or DVD into the disk drive.
        From the Start menu, open Computer.
        Navigate to and select the files you want to put on the CD. On the blue bar at the top of Windows Explorer, click Burn.
        Name the disc, and then click Next. The files will begin to write to the disc.

If your able to successfully burn data to a disc with the built in disc burn tool of Windows 7 you then will know that the optical drive is healthy and its an issue with that software. If you run into same issues with the built in disc burning utility of Windows 7 then you likely have a failed optical drive and will need to replace it or clean it of dust and try again.

mengchee

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 09:03:16 PM »
      Thanks for your prompt reply.  I can burn with other software but not with burnaware  but it was OK earlier. Any further help will be much appreciated.

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 05:41:42 PM »
      Next step would be probably to contact the Support Desk for Burnaware to see what they can advise. Your burner being able to burn discs with other burning software points to an issue with the Burnaware that they might know right off how to help you fix it. This link has a form to submit for help. https://www.burnaware.com/support.html

mengchee

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 07:08:23 PM »
        Thanks for your prompt reply.  I did wrote to them about the problem, they ask me to try burning a disc with other  modules in the main page.  I could create or burn an ISO image.  Yes they are helpful at first but later until they sent me a new version 15.3 which was not yet on sale for try.  With the new version they sent I try out and see whether the problem solve or not, unfortunately this version could not perform what the old version could.  I wrote to them about the problem.  From that day no response from them till today.  I am puzzle what went wrong as v14.8 I could burn and all work without an problem.  Well I keep my finger cross hope someone can help.