Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CMOS adapter craddle?  (Read 17560 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
CMOS adapter craddle?
« on: April 06, 2022, 10:09:32 PM »
HI Guys,

This is kinda a dumb question but im a little stumped. I have a few 386 and 486 machines that I've removed CMOS batteries from the board due to age and leaking. I need to come up with a modern mod that would allow a button cell or some sort of carrier that takes 3v to 3.6V batteries. Either something that solders something directly into the board or something with leads and gets secure at the bottom of the case.

My problem is, im not sure what i would search. When i search for a CMOS craddle or adapter on Ebay i get laptop CMOS batteries which are one time use. If possible, may i ask for your help as to what to search by definition here to get what it is I am after so i can keep these old machines to keep their hard drive/boot drive preferences.

Thank you.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: CMOS adapter craddle?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 06:54:45 AM »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: CMOS adapter craddle?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 11:05:12 AM »
Patio,

this is not what im after lol. These old 386 boards have soldered on batteries. I want to make a button cell carrier or something like that double AA thing they had. But ive no idea what those carriers are called or what to search for online.