Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pointer Jumping Around  (Read 17122 times)

asterose

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Pointer Jumping Around
    « on: April 07, 2022, 03:14:10 PM »

Recently I had a terrible problem with my pointer jumping everywhere, starting programs that were in my taskbar which was located at the bottom of the screen.  I reinstalled, but it came back almost immediately.  I have an RCA Cambio, whose keyboard broke long ago, and have it propped up against a bookend from behind (it also lost the ability to prop itself up) and a large eraser in front to keep it from falling forward.  It is almost the same height as the bottom of my screen.  I finally realized that perhaps it was just touching my touch screen which was causing all f the havoc.  I still don't understand why it only happened sometimes, but I've made absolutely certain it is no longer touching and everything has returned to normal, for now, anyway.  Since I did not see that explanation for what seemed like a crazy virus, I thought I would pass it on.  It seems like it should have been obvious, but it was not at all.  For one thing, that eraser has been there for many many months and I didn't have a problem before.  So perhaps it was a combo problem.